And just like that, summer is over. I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t even wrap my head around that yet. All that being said, I am a big fan of fall (especially the month of September) so that makes me feel a bit better about summer ending.
My August favorites are pretty full of beauty products (as always) but some accessories and a water bottle made the cut too. Without further ado, here are my August favorites:
1. Citrine by Nest – I got a sample of this perfume in my Sephora Play! Box in July and absolutely fell in love with it. In August I went ahead and bought the roller ball version of it (I no longer buy full size perfumes because I have too many and if I buy them in full size I will never use them up). I have been wearing this scent all month. It is so refreshing as most citrus based perfumes are and I have been getting compliments all month while wearing this. The notes on the Sephora website describe this as lemon and lotus flower. I definitely recommend checking this out next time you are at your local Sephora.
2. Essie Gel Couture – I first saw these at Walgreens and thought about getting them but the price tag kind of scared me off at first ($11.50 isn’t that bad for a nail polish but you would have to buy this with the top coat making this a $23 purchase for one color). Then while at Ulta, I was standing at the stand with these polishes again and a sales associate came up to me and said that she’s been wearing this for over a week and there hasn’t been a single chip. That was enough to convince me to buy the polish (I can already see my fiancé reading this and shaking his head at how easy it is to convince me to buy a beauty product). Now that I’ve tried it myself (and went back to buy 2 more colors), I can honestly say this nail polish is worth the price tag. It truly doesn’t chip for a long time and the special top coat that comes with it makes the nails look really shiny. I bought the colors Model Clicks (deep burgundy), Bubbles Only (red) and Wrap Party (dark green). Those are all perfect fall colors and I can already tell I’ll be wearing these frequently in the next few months.
3. Pop & Lock Crystallite Shellac by Color Wow – Dacey Hapa was talking about this in one of her monthly favorites a while back and I decided to try this. This is a hair product that adds shine to your hair and it doesn’t take a lot of product to add a lot of shine. I bought mine at Ulta and have been using this for a little over a month and can definitely see a difference on days that I use it and when I don’t. Like I said before, a little goes a long way. I put in way too much the first time I tried this and it made my hair greasy pretty quickly so since then I’ve been pretty conservative with how much I put in and still get the results every time. Highly recommend this.
4. S’well Water Bottle – I got this water bottle as a gift for being a bridesmaid about a month ago and I can definitely thank my friend Natalie big time for this gift because this water bottle is no joke. Just the fact that I left it in my car in 90 degree heat for over 6 hours and came back and the water inside was still cold should speak for itself. This keeps your water cold for up to 12 hours and same goes for heat. Although, if you pour your coffee straight from the pot into this, it’ll be a few hours before it’s even cooled down enough to drink so be careful about doing that.
5. Leila Wings of Y Necklace – I was hunting for a necklace to wear with the nude off shoulder dress from Lulu’s that was in my wedding guest post and stumbled across this necklace from Charming Charlie. It’s a play on lace even though it’s not lace at all and is super cute and goes with so many things. This necklace is still available online and in stores and makes a great staple for many fall looks so I would definitely recommend checking it out.
That’s it for my August favorites. If you have any questions about anything mentioned above, don’t hesitate to comment below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @styleprn .
2 Comments Add yours
Love your favorites! The Sephora perfumes are great to carry around.
Would appreciate it if you checked out mine? https://kgsblog.com/2016/09/02/august-favorites/
LikeLiked by 1 person
Obsessed with all your photos!!