The shortest month of the year is officially over and it definitely flew by! I am very much a fan of “fresh starts” so I always look forward to the end of the month and the start of a new one. I was not expecting to have a lot of favorites this month as I was on a strict “no shopping” policy in February. I was only including make-up and clothes at first when I decided I was going to do this but later decided this was going to apply to all “things” (with the exception of food) and am definitely happy I stayed dedicated and didn’t break my rule. I do have a list of things that I will be buying tomorrow since it’s finally March and I can shop again but in my defense, all those things are necessities and I waited long enough to get them. I highly suggest doing a no shopping month if you’re someone that frequents the mall, the internet ( my mailman probably thinks I have a problem) drugstores and department stores, you get it. It makes you be a lot more selective at what you are actually going to get (there are a few things I am hoping didn’t sell out when I first saw them in February and a few I thankfully changed my mind on, avoiding the purchase) and helps save some money. I’m going to try to do a no shopping month again sometime soon as I think it’s good to exercise your willpower that way.
I received some feedback about my change of format on my last month’s favorites that the paragraph form is not preferred over the bullets and numbers. I was however, told that the categories were a good idea so this time I am going to divide my favorites into categories again but this time I will write them out in bullet form so it’s easier to sort through. So with that long intro out of the way, let’s get started…
- Too Faced Creamy Peach Oil Lip Gloss in “Papa Don’t Peach” – First of all, I absolutely love the name of this lipgloss. Second of all, this lipgloss literally smells amazing and if you like the smell of peaches, you will like this product. The color is a pinky nude with some brown undertones and is super flattering. This stays on your lips pretty long for a lipgloss and applies so smoothly and beautifully. I highly suggest picking this up. I’ve been wearing it on its own and on top of brown lipsticks all month and I can’t get enough of it.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Make Up Removing Wipes – I was hesitant on putting this on here since I am working on an overall review of the best make up removing wipes but I would be lying if I said this wasn’t one of my favorites this month so it had to get mentioned. Now, as far as actual make up removing properties, these aren’t the best. These do not get your eye make-up off that well BUT your skin looks so good after using these that I can’t help but still love them. I would take off my eye make-up with micellar water and then take off my foundation and other make up with these wipes. Whoever labeled this product was definitely right – these leave your skin looking ultra radiant and so glowing. I love this stuff.
- Pacifica Wake Up Beautiful Sleeping Mask – I picked this up while browsing the shelves at Ulta a month ago and have been using this about once a week since. This stuff is no joke. It makes you wake up with the most hydrated, plump, healthy looking skin. It is so easy to rub in and I just rub in a thin layer before bed and voila, my skin is transformed overnight. This is also very affordable for a sleeping mask as those tend to be on the pricier side.
- Out the Door Topcoat – I’ve been in the market for a new topcoat for a while because as much as I love my original OPI topcoat, it was time for something new. This topcoat dries almost instantly and your nail polish does not chip for at least 4-5 days at all when using it. I am super impressed. The price is also right on this one – it is under $5 ! If you do your own nails – you need this.
Leopard Slip On Keds – To those who read my last post, this one won’t come as a surprise. I am absolutely obsessed with these leopard print slip ons from Keds and have not stopped wearing them all month. I’ve worn these to work, I’ve worn these to walk around the city, and I will keep wearing these while the weather permits. These are ultra-comfortable and great for walking around. I didn’t even have to break them in. They also go with pretty much everything (especially considering I treat leopard as a neutral). I recommend picking these up while they’re still in stock at 6pm. They’re also on sale right now for under $30!
- Starbucks “Cascara” Latte – I consider myself to be a big coffee fan but I am probably more of a “latte” fan than coffee since that’s the form I prefer. I am a loyal fan of the vanilla latte at Starbucks but I am always trying their new drinks as they come out and this most recent one has temporarily replaced the vanilla latte as my go-to drink. The Cascara latte is on the sweeter side but not as sweet as the vanilla latte. It’s made from dried fruit of the coffee cherry and as far as I know is not limited edition so should stick around for a while.
- Bootay Bag Subscription – I considered putting this in the Fashion category but decided as a subscription service, miscellaneous is probably where this should be. Bootay Bag is a subscription service for undies. Cute, sometimes lacey, girly, pretty undies. You pay $12/month for 2 pairs and can upgrade and pay an additional $13 for a bralette. I haven’t upgraded since I’ve only receieved this once but I will definitely be doing so at least once in the future. I plan on writing a full review dedicated to this subscription once I get a few more bags but as far as my first one goes, I am very impressed. The quality is higher than Victoria’s Secret in my opinion and the designs are very cute. You can choose between getting only thongs, no thongs or a mix.
Well that’s all I have for the month of February. Let me know if you’ve tried any of the things mentioned above! I love reading your comments!
Time for spring!