It’s that time of year again when it’s time to start thinking about gifts! I don’t know where 2017 has gone but I can’t believe Thanksgiving is next week and Christmas and New Years are just around the corner. This is the first time I’ve had my own place that I can decorate for the holidays, so I’m looking forward to starting the process going and doing some research for decoration ideas.
Along with decorations research, I’ve been doing a lot of research for gifts. So today, we are starting a 3 part gift guide series which will include gift ideas for beauty lovers, fashionistas and travelers. One gift guide a week will be going up for the next 3 weeks, just in time for you to get all your holiday shopping done. I’m also not opposed to adding one more gift guide whether it’s gifts for him, gifts for the parents, etc. Just let me know if that’s something you’d be interested in and which category I should add.
Now let’s get into the gift ideas for those women in our lives that seem to live at Sephora or Ulta (or constantly browsing their websites, like me 😊 ).
- A beauty subscription service: this will come as no surprise to most of my readers but I am a huge fan of beauty subscriptions like ipsy, BoxyCharm and Sephora Play which is why I would highly recommend them as a gift idea. Most of those services offer options like a month, 3 months or year subscription so it’s a gift that will keep on giving. For those of you not familiar with those services you can check out my in-depth review here (the review excludes BoxyCharm because I wasn’t signed up at the time but does talk about Birchbox). Some quick points are – ipsy is $10/month and you get a mix of full size and travel size beauty products each month. BoxyCharm is $21/month but you get 5 full size products and the value of the box is typically over $100 each month. Head over here to follow the steps to sign someone up for ipsy. Unfortunately, Sephora Play does not offer gift subscriptions at this time but hopefully in the future, they add this as an option. You can sign someone up for BoxyCharm as well by purchasing one of the subscription options (one month vs three months vs six months vs one year).
- Sephora Favorites – Nude Lip Set : this is a limited edition set offered by Sephora which contains 6 products ( 5 trial size and 1 full size) from top brands such as Kat Von D, Buxom, Bite Beauty and several others. This is a great kit for someone that tends to gravitate towards nude lipsticks and wants to try out new formulas and brands. The set is $28 which is a great deal as these products will last many months even though they’re trial sized. With the Sephora VIB sale going on right now, if you’re a VIB or Rouge member, you can snag this box for $22 right now which is a steal.
- Tarteist Pro Glow Highlight & Contour Palette – This is a great palette for those girls whose contour and highlight are always on fleek. This palette offers 6 very generous sizes for each color and is a great palette to have for traveling since you don’t have to bring separate contour and highlighting shades. Tarte’s quality is always top notch too and with the VIB sale this palette comes down to $36. The highlight colors are gorgeous and would be flattering on many skin tones. Highly recommend picking this up as a gift (or for yourself).
- Tarte Blush Bazaar Palette – Yes, another Tarte product. Can’t help it since the quality speaks for itself. The Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes are among the favorites in the beauty world and for a great reason. The pigmentation is amazing and the color selection is great. This palette comes with 10 different blush colors and with super gorgeous packaging. Perfect for a Christmas gift.
- Stila Liquid Eyeshadow Set – I debated not writing about this because it’s currently out of stock but once this is back, it’s an absolute must have. The glitter eyeshadows are still all available individually so if you’re not interested in waiting for the set to come back, snag one of those. These glitter shadows are no joke. The sparkle on your eyes will be visible from the other side of the room at any holiday party or event you go to. These glitter shadows make for a gorgeous shadow topper and are so perfect for the holidays. I have one of the shadows in full size and I also have this set. The set comes with smaller sizes but they will still last you plenty long enough. I’m obsessed with these.
- Colourpop Golden State of Mind Eyeshadow Palette – Now that Colourpop is sold at Sephora, it’s even easier to snag this super affordable brand’s awesome products. This palette comes with gorgeous shimmery shades that would be great for holiday looks. The best part? You’re only paying $26 for 15 shadows. Can’t beat that.
- Glossier Phase 1 Set – This set comes with a Milky Jelly Cleanser (my holy grail, all time favorite face cleanser), a balm dotcom (flavor of your choice) and a priming moisturizer. Those who haven’t heard of Glossier will really get a feeling of what the products from this company are like from this set since these 3 are among their highest rated and most raved about products. The set costs $40 and if you break it down, it saves you $12 to buy it this way instead of each product individually.
- Anjou Curling Iron – If you’re on a budget but are looking for a great gift for someone that loves styling their hair, look no further than this curling iron. The reviews on Amazon speak for themselves and there are many of them. This curling iron turns off after 30 minutes of no use which is a great feature for someone like me that tends to occasionally forget to turn my heat tools off. Right now, with the Black Friday deals in place for some brands, you can snag the 1 inch barrel for $22 (!), the 1.25 inch for $28 (the one I have) and the 1.5 inch for $29.
There you have it for my beauty lovers gift guide. There should be something for everyone on that list since we covered lips, eyes, skin and hair. Let me know what you guys think of these ideas and what’s on your gift list for beauty products! As always, thank you for reading and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and like my Facebook page!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites