After an almost month long hiatus away from blogging and social media, I’m happy to say I’m finally back and have many ideas for 2017 for Style As Needed. My stay away from the blog wasn’t voluntary, it was more due to how busy life got with rotations and work in December. I simply did not have the time to sit down and write and no time to go out and shoot looks. I’m really happy to be off rotations for the month of January and plan on investing a lot of time into my blog.
While still keeping busy in December, I was still trying out different products and exposing myself to new things so it wouldn’t make sense if I skipped my December Favorites. I have plenty to write about today and I am excited to share some of my favorites from last month with you guys!
So let’s begin…
- Morphe Flawless Beauty Sponge – I am a big fan of the beautyblender (as I’m sure are many others) and have been trying to find more affordable alternatives for it since I’ve started using it since replacing a $20 sponge every 3 months just seems excessive. Unfortunately, most beautyblender dupes hardly live up to the actual sponge itself so because of that I was very happy to discover the Morphe Flawless Beauty Sponge. I honestly think I like it even more than the beautyblender since it’s bigger and gets the job done quicker. Also, this is only $6 so replacing this every 3 months doesn’t leave as big of a hole in your pocket as the beautyblender does. For those who aren’t familiar with what these beauty sponges are used for – they can be used to apply foundation, concealer, liquid bronzer/highlighter, you name it. There are so many uses for them and they make putting on make-up so much easier and so a much smoother of a process.
- Shoedazzle Oxford Booties – I don’t think I’ve ever gotten as many compliments on a pair of shoes as I have with these booties from Shoedazzle. I have worn them to rotations several times in the month of December and was able to comfortably walk around the hospital for hours wearing these which speaks volumes about the comfort level. They are a modern day girly spinoff on the Oxfords and are super cute and go with so many different outfits. I would definitely recommend picking these up if you are a Shoedazzle member (search for Journie – these are also available in black).
- Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm – Being only 24 years old, I haven’t thought about eye creams or anti-aging products a whole lot. I actually told myself when I was younger that once I turn 25, that’s when I need to start buying anti-aging products to try to prevent the inevitable. With my 25th birthday being just days away, I have definitely been looking for more anti-aging products. I got this eye cream in a Sephora Play! Box and am definitely going to buy the full size product when I run out. I’ve used several eye creams in the past and none of them have clearly shown a difference the way this product has. It is definitely pricey but a little goes a long way and the results are great. The texture of it is so smooth and it’s so easy to rub this in. I definitely recommend checking this out at Sephora.
- Briogeo Curl Charisma Shampoo and Conditioner – I received these complementary from Influenster and have definitely been a big fan of this shampoo + conditioner duo. If you have curly hair, I definitely recommend checking these out. They both smell great and leave your hair very nourished and moisturized which is something all of us curly gals could use. I am not a huge fan of the size of these bottles for the price, but I do think they are good enough quality to pay a bit more for them.
- Organix Argan Oil of Morocco Miracle In Shower Oil – This is a game changer for me and hands down my favorite thing this month. I bought this oil at Walgreens as I have always been a big fan of the Organix line and have tried a lot of their new products and this is by far my favorite thing by this brand. The way I’ve been using this oil is putting a few drops into my conditioner and leaving that in my hair after shampooing for at least 10-15 minutes and once you wash it off – it’s the softest you’ll ever feel your hair. I am absolutely in love with this stuff and will keep repurchasing it for ever and ever. The way I use this is only one of 4 ways that they recommend using this. Some other ways you can use this oil is by applying a few drops to dry and damaged hair and letting the steam in the shower make the oil penetrate your hair and then shampoo the oil out. Another way you can use this is by adding the oil into your shampoo and shampoo your hair with the mixture. You can also just apply a few drops after the shower and leave it in your hair.
- My last favorite of the month is actually a holiday ad that I saw a few weeks ago when it was closer to Christmas time. I know the holidays are over but I still think is worth sharing so enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D3WJB5Yikw
So there you have it with all my favorites of last month. I am excited to be posting a lot more frequently this month so definitely stay tuned for quite a bit of new material! Happy New Year and I wish everyone to have the best year of their life in 2017 🙂