I can’t believe the first month of fall is already over and it’s October. This is especially hard to believe considering the temps in September haven’t really dropped below 80 here in Cincinnati which just made it seem like summer’s been extended. The month of September brought along a lot of favorites for me and while usually I stick to just 5, this time there are 5 and a half. You’ll see as you keep reading.
1. Clinique Sweet Pots Sugar Scrub & Lip Balm – This is a little two sided pot that has a lip exfoliator on one side and a lip balm (in a Vaseline like consistency) on the other. This is the best creation as I am constantly in the need of a lip exfoliator but my Glam Glow one is way too big to carry around so when I saw an ad for this product in one of my magazines, I knew I had to have it. Don’t dwell too much on the color of the balm when you’re choosing this as it is hardly noticeable. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone especially with winter quickly approaching and ready to dry everyone’s lips out. This product is a must have for girls who wear lipstick as you don’t want to put lipstick on before exfoliating and emphasize all the dry spots. I got mine at Ulta but these are available at any store that carries Clinique (i.e. Sephora, Macy’s, etc).
2. Lorac Unzipped Palette – This palette has been out for a while but I just recently decided to purchase it as an impulse buy when shopping at Ulta ( after 2 years of not using up my points, I got to spend $175 on make-up and not pay a penny). I now wish I bought this a long time ago because this palette is The quality and pigmentation of the shadows is just unreal and the shadows stay on all day with no problem. The colors go very well together and you can create many looks using this palette. I would highly recommend it.
3. Essence Pure Nude Highlighter – I got this after watching one of Kathleen Light’s monthly favorites considering she mentioned how great it is and the fact that it’s under $5. For that price, I literally can’t believe the quality of this highlighter. It has become my go to for a daily highlight. It is subtle yet still noticeable and just gives your skin the prettiest glow. I bought this at Ulta as well.
4. Guess Jeans – I have finally found the perfect light wash (light – medium would be more accurate) distressed skinny jeans. I spotted these at the Guess outlet a few weeks ago and these have been pretty much the only jeans I’ve been wearing. They fit so well and look good with so many looks. They are still available here and currently under $40!
5. FitBit Challenges – This is a bit of an odd favorite but it just had to be mentioned. For two weeks now, one of my friends and I have been doing the “Weekday Challenge” and this has really been motivating me to get my steps in. I mean, the fact that I’ll be on the treadmill at 11 pm at night just to make sure I’m not behind is saying something. If you’re someone that’s driven by competition and own a Fitbit – try this out with one of your friends.
- This is my extra “favorite” – Wellcoin app. This app lets you log your “healthy” activities and get points for them that can be redeemed on different websites. If you own a Fitbit or a tracking device, you can connect it to the app and it’ll track your points for you. Some websites that you can use your points for money off include Blue Apron, Beautybar.com and many others.
Let me know what your favorites were this month or if you’ve tried any of the stuff mentioned above!