I am someone that only uses conditioner in her hair every other wash. All the other washes include a hair mask instead of conditioner. Over the years, I have tried so many hair masks and treatment and today, I’ll be sharing my favorites. I have actually written about some hair masks favorites in the past but, I have discovered others since then and I feel the need to do an updated version of that post. I actually used to use hair masks almost every single time I washed my hair and I figured that was okay since I only wash my hair about every 4-5 days but then I watched a discussion between a hair stylist and a blogger about how that’s bad since your hair is literally never getting a break from deep conditioning and that can cause a build-up of protein and things that sound great but can actually cause damage, so I stopped.
So now I’m using masks a little less frequently, but I think I’ve become more proficient at judging which masks actually make a difference and what changes my hair.
- Mizani Moisture Fusion Intense Moisturizing Mask– This is my newest discovery and I can’t stop raving about it. I picked this up during the Ulta Gorgeous Hair event completely on a whim. I’ve never even heard of this brand before. This mask actually has to be applied for a longer period of time than most masks I’m used to. This gets applied during the shower and you need to keep it in for at least 30-40 minutes afterwards in a shower cap. I save this mask now for when I have special events because my hair looks amazing after I use this. I have really frizzy hair and this is the only thing I’ve ever seen actually make a difference in the frizz and I believe it’s because it’s so hydrating that your hair doesn’t have to try to grab moisture out of the air and frizz out. Definitely pick this up if you have curly or frizzy hair.
- Natura Siberica Restorative Sea Buckthorn Mask for Damaged Hair – This one I’ve been talking about for a few years now. This mask makes my hair look like it has no damage at all, which is not true, but the illusion is there. This mask is so hydrating and nourishing, your hair looks so beautiful and healthy after washing it off and blowing it out that it’ll look like you just got a fresh chop. Seriously, if you have dry, damaged hair, pick this up.
- John Masters Organics Hair Mask with Rose Apricot – This one made my hair actually feel healthy while it was blonde. If you have lightened your hair, you know it eventually starts feeling straw like because bleach is nobody’s friend. This actually made my hair feel super soft and healthy. If you have balayage or bleach in your hair, pick this up.
- Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 – This one fits in the treatment category. This used to be a salon only hair treatment that is now available at Sephora and for anyone to do at home. I used to do this as a pre-shampoo treatment and it worked great but then switched to leaving it in overnight and now it literally gives amazing results. I only do this treatment probably once a month if not less. It’s very potent so I wouldn’t recommend doing this weekly or even bi-weekly.
- Coconut Oil – This is one where either you already have this in your kitchen or you can snag this at your local grocery store. No extra trip to Ulta or Sephora required. The way I use coconut oil in my hair is that I get about a tablespoon of the coconut oil, melt it, and apply it all over my hair (avoiding the roots) and then go work out or do something for a few hours before washing it off. I used to do this overnight but that was such a nightmare, I refuse to do that ever again. You’d have to sleep with a towel over your pillow, wrap a plastic bag over your head and just, no. Awful. My new way is much better and makes me be willing to do this mask more often. This is really hydrating and great for your hair, especially in the winter.
Do you guys use hair masks? What’s your favorite? Let me know if you end up picking up any of these masks and treatment and what you think. As always, thanks for reading!
Instagram | Facebook |Pinterest
Clicking on links in this post may result in monetary compensation towards my blog.
3 Comments Add yours
I’m OBSESSED with hugh end conditioners and hair masks. I am constantly spending copious amounts of money on hair care products, and you’ll often find me with a pair of scissors intensively examining my hair and trimming off any split ends I find lol. I’ve been wanting to try Olaplex myself honestly, but have you tried any Nature Lab or Oribe hair masks?
Hello mmate great blog