Hello friends! Long time no see. I believe this is my first blog post since finding out I was pregnant…which was about 6 months ago at this point. So, definitely a long time. I was itching to get back into blogging, especially with being at home a lot more than normal but since fashion has kind of taken a back seat for me with the body changes, beauty has definitely become the front runner in topics to write about.
So, what better time to dive back into blogging than with the Sephora VIB sale starting today. Now, the sale starts today for Rouge members and continues through May 1st with a 20% off code. VIB Members get 15% starting April 21st through the 29th and Beauty Insider members get 10% off April 23-27th. I asked on Instagram whether or not you guys wanted to get a big post with beauty, skincare and hair all together or if you’d rather have the three topics broken down separately and having the three separate posts was the winner. So… today, I’ll be telling you my top 10 recommendations of what to pick up during the sale in the make up category.
I’m going to write about these in order of how I apply my make up. I tried to pick one for each category but I do have two foundations I wanted to talk about and a few lip products. Anyway, let’s just dive right in.
My Top 10 Beauty Recommendations for the Sephora VIB Sale
- Charlotte Tillbury Hollywood Flawless Filter – Honestly, if I had to just pick one product from this whole list that I would recommend getting during the sale, it would be this one. I have never been more impressed and more surprised about just how much a product changed the look of my make up. I personally use this under my foundation for an added glow and sometimes as a cream/liquid highlight on top of my foundation as well. This makes your skin look so radiant, so healthy and just so beautiful, that it saved me during the worst winter (skin wise) of my life. I use the shade “2 – light”.
- Bite Beauty Supercharged Changemaker Micellar Foundation – This is one of my more recent foundation purchases and probably the foundation I now use the most. This is a pretty light coverage foundation that has a dewy finish (but not like too dewy, you know?). It lets your freckles peek through still and makes your skin look very natural and not like you have a bunch of foundation on. It still has enough coverage to cover redness as well. I also like the packaging as it’s really easy to get product out and is travel friendly. I am in the shade L30 for reference.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Hydrating Foundation -Another dewy foundation but this time with more coverage. I bought this one about a year ago and it’s been on heavy rotation with my Bite Beauty foundation. I usually lean towards this one when I want more coverage. This lasts all day, has a medium coverage and has a great shade selection. I’m in thesahde 230 for this one.
- Natasha Denona Mini Sunset Palette – I’m not really focusing on this specific palette as I am on the mini Natasha Denona palettes in general. I mean, not that this isn’t a great palette to pick up but the little mini Natasha Denona palettes are a great way to dip your toes into the brand without shelling out over $100 for a palette. I actually own 3 of the little mini palettes and use them all the time. This one is great for those who are all about warm tones and shimmery shades. The quality is great and for a short weekend getaway, it’s really all you need.
- Fenty Beauty Bronzer “Inda Sun” – In case you haven’t noticed, I’m a big fan of Fenty Beauty as it has 3 mentions in a short list of 10 products, but what can I say? These are just great quality products and definitely deserve some praise. This bronzer is super pigmented as it’s super finely milled and gives you a beautiful sunkissed glow. The packaging on it is also amazing and part of the appeal of the brand for me, for sure. There’s other shades but Inda Sun is my favorite and is meant for fair skintones.
- Benefit “Cookie” Highlighter – I might have mentioned this product before but this is the most beautiful and most intense highlight I’ve ever used. If you swatch it on your hand, you’ll end up walking out of the store with it because you can’t just let a product like this not be in your possession after seeing how pretty it swatches. This is definitely not for the faint of heart. The pigmentation is unreal and it’s a really pretty champagne highlight. It’s pretty pricey for one highlight so that’s why I would recommend picking it up during the sale.
- Fresh Sugar Peach Hydrating Lip Balm – This one maybe crosses the line between make up and “Skincare” but it’s what I use to prep my lips for lipstick or other lip products. I carry this one and the lemon version around with me at all times. This is super hydrating and does a great job softening and hydrating your lips.
- Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in “Pillow Talk” – I refused to buy this product for the longest time because I think it’s crazy to justify a $34 lipstick but over the winter, Sephora was selling this in a bundle with the lip liner and it was a great deal so I finally snagged it. Let me tell you. This is the most flattering shade of lipstick and the formula is amazing. I now see why it’s so expensive but I definitely would recommend getting it during the sale so you at least drop the price into the 20s. The packaging is beautiful as all Charlotte Tillbury products are as well which is an added bonus.
- Fenty Beauty Lipgloss in “Fenty Glow” – I’ve definitely been on a lipgloss kick lately (especially clear and sparkly glosses) and while this one isn’t clear, it’s definitely worth picking up. The doefoot applicator on this lip gloss is huge and makes for a really easy application. The formula is also really nice, not sticky and long lasting. I love the formula of these glosses and am going to be picking up the “Diamond Milk” version during the sale for myself.
- Ilia After Midnight Mascara – No, I didn’t put this in the wrong spot, I actually do always put on mascara as the very last step after finishing all the eye and face make up. I feel like I haven’t been as lucky with recent mascara purchases until I got my hands on this one. Those looking to go more natural/green beauty, this brand is definitely worth checking out. This mascara has a two sided wand – one for lengthening and one for separating and creates great looking results.
Well, that’s my top 10 make up recommendations for the sale! Look out for the skincare top 10 tomorrow and the hair one on Saturday! It feels good to be back in the blogging game.
As always, thanks for reading!