Hello again! I am back with part 2 of the Sephora Spring Sale series and today, we will be talking about skincare. The Sephora sale is definitely a great time to stock up on skincare because these products are typically pricey, especially the brands carried at Sephora. I myself have been very much invested in skincare for a few years now… when I realized I wasn’t getting any younger, I knew it was time to invest in a skincare regimen.
I try out quite a few products consistently. I’ve definitely been trying out less since I’ve gotten pregnant just because there are a lot of ingredients that are used in skincare and make up these days that aren’t pregnancy safe but I still have a trusted list of items that I would recommend to anyone and today, I’ll be sharing my top 10 items that I would pick up during the sale that fit in the skincare category.
My Top 10 Skincare Recommendations for the Sephora VIB Sale
- Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream – This one actually isn’t pictured above because I recently ran out but to me, it’s the eye cream of all eye creams. It leaves the undereye area looking more hydrated, brighter and helps with dark lines and wrinkles. A little goes a long way too so the little jar lasts a long time.
- Glow Recipe Pineapple C Bright Serum – I will have to warn you right away. This stuff doesn’t smell very good. By not very good, I mean this stuff smells pretty bad BUT it gives amazing results and the smell doesn’t linger on your skin so I would still recommend it. A great vitamin C serum should be part of everyone’s routine these days and this one is very very brightening and gives almost instant results.
- Ole Henriksen Glow Cycle Retin-ALT Power Serum – So this is an item that is currently out of my rotation because it contains retinol which you have to avoid while pregnant but if you’re looking for a great retinol product, look no further. This never gave me that initial retinol reaction that most products seem to do to your skin and I don’t think my skin ever looked better than when I was using this product daily. I would highly, highly recommend checking it out.
- Supergoop Glow Stick Sunscreen SPF 50 – If you’re someone that struggles with SPF (like me), this is a great convenient product that should make that much easier. This product does well under make up and even when applied over, doesn’t seem to make your make up budge. It’s a super easy to use, clear SPF stick that you can carry around your purse in the summer and apply whenever needed or something you can keep on your vanity to remind yourself to apply every morning.
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser – Probably my favorite gentle cleanser ever. This removes all your make up and does it so gently and effectively, that once you use it, you’ll always want it as part of your arsenal. I’ve been using it with my new PMD facial cleansing tool and seeing great results.
- Peter Thomas Roth – FirmX Peeling Gel – If you’re someone that enjoys seeing results instantly, this one is for you. When you apply this peeling gel to your face and start massaging, you literally start seeing your dead skin and impurities roll off your skin. It’s quite fun. This is also still somehow very gentle and very effective. I recommend going in with a good moisturizer after to replenish the moisture. This comes in 3 sizes so if you’re unsure, get the smallest but I guarantee, you’ll be going back for a bigger tube in no time.
- Dr. Brant PoreDemabrasion – This is an awesome exfoliator that I’ve been using for years now. It leaves your skin unbelievably smooth and if you have pore problems, you won’t after using this exfoliator. This brand in general makes amazing skincare products and I’m yet to be disappointed by any of them.
- Farmacy Honey Potion Mask – One of my favorite masks of all time and I consider myself a “mask connoisseur”. This mask heats up when you apply it to your face and is great to use whenever your skin is looking dull and dehydrated. It gives your skin a glow boost and makes it look healthier in general.
- Youth to the People Superberry Hydrate and Glow Dream Mask – I feel a little weird putting this in my top 10 because I literally just tried this sleeping mask not that long ago but I have used it so many times since and every time have had amazing results, that I had to put it on the list. The full version is actually in my own cart right now to be bought during the sale. My skin was dry and awful all winter and I’ve been struggling for months to try to restore it back to normal health and this mask did it overnight. Literally, overnight. I had dry patches in several places that haven’t gone away in months and after applying this overnight, all the patches disappeared. So, do yourself a favor and pick this up and add this to your night time routine.
- Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Water – Last but not least, my favorite self tanning product. This is the fastest drying, least streakiest and least transferable self tanner I’ve ever tried. I’ve literally never ever seen it come off on clothes or sheets (even white ones) and this is the least streaky of all products I’ve tried. I spray it directly onto the skin and then rub in with a mitt. I get the medium one which is the green bottle. I use the tanning drops as well on occasion and just mix those with a body lotion and apply all over. I will say, that way can get streaky if you get any water on the areas where you applied the lotion so be careful.
Some honorable mentions that didn’t quite make my top 10 but I would still highly recommend :
Drunk Elephant Protini Moisturizer (great moisturizer and yes, very pricey but with the sale, a little more reasonable), OleHenriksen Pore Balance Facial Sauna Scrub (another great pore scrub that also warms up when you apply but isn’t quite as gentle as the Dr.Brandt one) and lastly, the Fresh Rose Face Mask (gives your skin a really nice and healthy glow).
Well, there you have it! My personal recommendations for skincare during the Sephora sale. Let me know what you’ll be buying and if you have any recommendations for what I should pick up during the sale for myself.
As always, thanks for reading!
If you missed it, yesterday’s post was on my make up recommendations from the sale and you can find it here.