Welcome back to my Sephora sale series with the last installation being today’s post – my top 10 recommendations on hair products to pick up from the sale! If you know me in real life you know that my hair is something I’m constantly trying to experiment with whether it’s with new products, new hair styles, etc. I have naturally very curly, dry hair that is luckily very easy to style and easy to work with. I would say, on my good hair days, my hair is one of my main and favorite “accessories”. So with all that said, I definitely am someone that puts a lot of value in great hair products. I do believe there are a ton of great hair products at the drug store as well but today, for obvious reasons, we will be focusing on the ones sold at Sephora so you can get that discount and score some dollars off these higher priced items.
My Top 10 Hair Recommendations for the Sephora VIB Sale
- Olaplex No 4. Bond Maintenance Shampoo – I have tried out a million shampoos and have never seen one actually make a difference the way the Olaplex shampoo does. It makes your hair feel luscious, hydrated, bouncy, shiny, literally every good adjective related to hair can be added into this description. A little goes a really long way so don’t be intimidated by the (small) size of the bottle. I personally wash my hair about 2x/week so this bottle lasts me months. I will say, I usually only use this shampoo when I blow out my hair and reserve my other (cheaper) shampoos for my curly days. Also, yes, the conditioner is great as well.
- Olaplex No 3. Hair Perfector – I’m just gonna get the Olaplex products covered right away. This was my first introduction to the brand and the product that made me realize that this brand is worth the money and definitely lives up to the hype. This is the best damage recovery mask I’ve ever used and no wonder it’s widely used at salons in between coloring for people to add life back to their hair. I apply this before shampooing but for best results, I actually apply it before bed and then wash my hair the next day. The latter strategy has yielded more results so I would recommend trying it that way.
- Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo – If you have a dry, flaky scalp like me, this product will be a life saver for you. It’s not what you expect out of a “shampoo”. It comes in a jar out of which you scoop out the product (it looks like what you would expect out of a hair mask) and you apply it directly to your scalp to massage in. After leaving on for a few minutes, wash out and voila – no more flaky scalp for you! Highly recommend.
- Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo – I’ve talked about this dry shampoo here before but that’s because this is the best dry shampoo I’ve ever tried and I’ve tried a lot of them. This does the best job getting your hair to look refreshed and my personal favorite way of applying it (which goes for all dry shampoos, not just this one) is to spray it all over before bed and let it soak in overnight.
- IGK Good Behavior Spirulina Protein Smoothing Spray – This is a newer product for me but it’s already made an impression. My hair gets frizzy pretty much no matter what because I live in always humid land locked Cincinnati (yes, doesn’t make sense, I agree) so any product that at least puts a dent in the frizz gets a thumbs up from me. This is a treatment you apply to your hair before heat styling that helps smooth the hair out and helps prevent frizz over the next few days with your blown out or heat styled hairstyle.
- Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging® Smoothing Anti-Frizz Dry Oil Mist – I love this brand in general but this is definitely one of my favorite products if not the favorite from Alterna. This dry oil mist will make your hair shiny and make frizz not appear for longer than any other product I’ve tried. I use this when I wear my hair curly and when I blow it out. It also doesn’t weigh your hair down and doesn’t make it look greasy either which I know is some people’s concern with oil based hair products. Definitely check this one out.
- Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer – This is a great option for travel if you heat style while you’re away. This helps protect against heat damage and in general acts as a leave in conditioner so if you only want to bring one product on your trip, this is it.
- Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil – Another great oil option for those who have been hesitating on incorporating oils into their hair routine due to the fear of having greasy looking, weighed down hair. This product is true to its name – it’s super weightless and doesn’t feel like anything in your hair but definitely makes your hair shinier and makes those ends look healthier.
- Ouai Rose Hair and Body Oil – Can you tell I like hair oils? Having dry, curly hair, I feel like hair oils are essential for my hair type so I’m always looking for great ones and this one smells great and does a great job hydrating my hair. It can also double as a body oil so win win.
- IGK Mistress Hydrating Balm – Last but not least is this product from IGK that is a must for those who have dry strands like me. This is hydrating balm that can be used both before blow outs to help combat frizz ( after all, frizz is just your hair’s way of getting much needed moisture out of the air) and before wearing your hair naturally. A little goes a long way on this one and this is definitely a product you can overdo – so stick to a small amount if you don’t want your hair to look greasy or weighed down.
That’s all I have for you guys today! There are other great hair products at Sephora as well but these are the stand out products for me right now that I would put first on your list. If you have any questions, as always, leave a comment below and I will get back to you!
Thanks for reading!