I decided to start a new series on this blog called “Brand Spotlight” where once a month I haul multiple products from one brand and try them out to then share with you what I liked and didn’t like about these products. My first brand that I am going to write about is Soap & Glory. I have been a fan of this brand for a while now but I’ve only ever tried their bath and body products such as lotions and body scrubs. Since more places are now carrying their products (even at select Walgreens now), I decided it’s time to branch out to their make-up line and try a few more products. I am going to link all the products to Ulta, which is where I bought all these products but like I said they are also available at (certain) Walgreens and Target as well. These products will not be listed in any particular order.
- One Heck of a Blot Primer – This is a mattifying foundation primer that also claims to have pore shrinking ability. When I first tried it out I wasn’t a huge fan as it felt a bit “heavy” on my face but as time went on and I wore it more often, it definitely grew on me. It does a great job keeping oil away and it does make your foundation last a while. This is also a lot more affordable than a lot of foundation primers out there that have the same claims about “mattification” and pore shrinking. I tried this under several different foundations and it did seem to work well with all of them. So this product gets an A from me.
- For Daily Youth Moisture Lotion – This product is going to be my new go – to face moisturizer. While I’m still ride or die for my Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentre, this Soap & Glory is probably just as good and smells way better. This product smells like peach yogurt and is so moisturizing and perfect for the upcoming winter. It may be a bit too much for summer months for me as I prefer a lighter moisturizer during warm weather months. I would definitely recommend checking this out if you’re on the hunt for a moisturizer right now.
- Hand Food – This hand cream smells exactly like their Righteous Body Butter which means that this hand cream smells heavenly. This comes in a thin tube which is really convenient if you want to carry it around with you ( I prefer to keep it on my desk in front of me so I remember to use it more often) and does a great job keeping those dry hands moisturized. I am definitely going to be repurchasing this in the future.
- Face Soap and Clarity Facial Wash – I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t a big fan of this at first. At all. It takes more effort to wash off than I wanted and it doesn’t smell like anything and with all S&G products I am always expecting them to smell divine. As the month went on however and I kept washing my face with this every morning I noticed my skin started looking better and brighter. So now that I have more of a long term effect that I’ve observed, I will say that this is actually worth buying. My skin has been breaking out less and has looked just nicer overall for the past few weeks since I’ve started using this product so I’m going to go ahead and give it an A as well.
- Sexy Mother Pucker Lipstick – I am definitely impressed with this lipstick. Its staying power is pretty impressive. I got mine in the color Naked Talent and it is definitely a great summer color and I will be taking full advantage of it next summer. It is a nice rosy coral (that’s the only way I can think of describing this color) and it doesn’t show off dryness on your lips if there is any (even though you should always be exfoliating your lips prior to putting on lipstick, sometimes that is just not going to happen) and stays on for a long time.
- Peaches And Clean Deep Cleansing Milk – This one is the star of the show for me. This is hands down the best product in the entire haul, IMHO. This cleansing milk smells like heaven (since that sounds familiar, yes it has the same scent as the moisturizer) and I literally look forward to taking my make up off every night just because I know that means I get to use this product. This smells like peach yogurt as well just like the moisturizer and does a great job removing make up. Now, I have to say, I do still remove my eye make up with micellar water (Bioderma to be exact) but this, I use for the rest of my face and it does leave my face very clean. I would highly, highly, recommend this product. If you are going to buy one thing from this entire post – this should be it.
- Thick & Fast Flash Extensions Effect Mascara – I consider myself very picky when it comes to mascara. While I do always have at least 5-6 mascaras that I use at a time (obviously not at the same time, but you get it), those mascaras have to be pretty damn good for me to be using them. That being said, I had high expectations before trying this because it had good reviews and it actually lived up to the hype. This is a great every day mascara. It doesn’t clump and it definitely elongates your lashes. If you are looking for volume, this is not the right mascara for you but if length is what you’re going for while still trying to look more “natural” or “daytime appropriate”, I would say this mascara is great for that purpose.
- Flake Away Body Polish – Technically, this haul wasn’t the first time I was exposed to this product but I bought it again because I love it so much. This is the gentlest, best smelling body scrub ever. I use it on my legs before shaving and I swear it makes your legs smoother and keeps the re-growth away longer. I learned this trick from a nail technician while getting a pedicure years ago and have always done a scrub before shaving since. Like I said before, this is a gentle scrub, so if you are looking to really slough off the dead skin or like more of the rougher scrubs, I would go for a Tree Hut scrub instead. The S&G ones for the most part tend to all be on the gentler side. Did I mention this smells amazing?
- The Ultimatte Eyeshadow Palette – Last but not least is this 10 shadow palette. This is definitely my least favorite product from this haul. I honestly wasn’t that impressed by the shadows. The pigmentation just isn’t there and the staying power, even with eyeshadow primer, just isn’t worth it. There are better drug store palettes out there that cost less than this palette. Yes, $20 isn’t bad at all for 10 colors but when a few of these colors are just so similar and the pigmentation is barely there, I just don’t think it’s worth the money. Maybe their shimmer shadows are better but as far as the matte ones go, I wasn’t a fan.
Anyway, I hope this was helpful for those thinking of trying out Soap & Glory products or even for those who already know and love the brand but just haven’t tried all of these products. All the names of the products are links to get directly to that product from the Ulta website. If you have any questions about any of these, don’t hesitate to comment below! My next month’s brand spotlight will be on the all-natural goat milk brand called Dioni’s and that will be coming to the blog at the end of November so stay tuned!